In my efforts to promote the blog, I decided to move outside of my norm and create a teespring campaign. It’s two-fold in purpose. First, the campaign promotes the blog and what a female veteran is. Second, the proceeds (profit) will be donated to an established non-profit organization based out of the DC area. Trying new things ladies, trying new things.
Check out the link here: teespring.com/tpc-female-
About the shirt
Inspiration for the teespring campaign came from a few places. Creating The Phoenix Chronicles has been a labor of love and I want to find other creative ways to promote the blog as much as I possibly can, even if it means becoming a walking billboard. I want people to not only know TPC as a brand, but also what a Female Veteran represents. We’re just women who represent the uniform past and present, we’re also a collective of pure awesomeness, every single one of us. Female Veterans are:
- Leaders, within our respective communities and everyday life.
- Beautiful, representing a multitude of cultures.
- Confident. Plain & Simple
- Resilient, so many of us have overcome some type of adversity at one time or another and we have the experiences to prove we’re stronger than we look.
- Dedicated, whether it’s to our families, our businesses, community, or careers. We show up and we’re always ready to rock.
- Resourceful, we make do with what we have, even if it means decorating an office with 550 cord (parachute cord) , electrical tape, and a leatherman.
- Warriors, in every aspect of the word; we’ve sacrificed for our country, allies, and our loved ones.
- But most of all, WE ARE indeed A TREASURE, a woman to be cherished, respected, loved, and acknowledged.
Follow this link teespring.com/tpc-female-
My goal is to sell at least 40 shirts/sweatshirts, but if we surpass this number even better!
Final Salute Inc. is an established non-profit organization headquartered in the DMV area (Alexandria, VA), their mission is simple; to provide homeless Women Veterans with safe and suitable housing. Final Salute meets their mission goal by addressing multiple issues homeless women veterans face daily; housing for homeless women veterans and their families, emergency financial assistance and education, and even a program that assist women veterans prepare for the civilian workforce.
I’ve read up on Final Salute and even passed their information on to a friend or two who I know could benefit from an organization such as this. This organization touches my hear specifically because any of us could face the challenge many homes women veterans face. If it hadn’t been for my best friend and my family, I could have easily been in a situation where I needed a program such as Final Salute. I’m single with no children, a daughter of a Female Army Veteran, and currently employed, I currently have no issues, but I can’t imagine facing the challenges or judgement/assumptions that homeless women veterans face. My heart goes out to these women because they are our family, not by blood but by sacrifice, and I plan to help our sisters in a unique way and I hope you do too.
I was not approached by Final Salute to post or create the teespring campaign, this was a decision on my part to contribute to an organization that has caught my attention.