Before you get into the blog I feel it’s only appropriate I introduce myself,
Nickname: Tee. I go by this because it’s easier for everyone else to remember.
Age: I’ll keep you guessing
Occupation: Depends on which hat I’m wearing that day
A Little About Me
- was born to Army Parents = That means I am an Army Brat, heavy emphasis on brat. Yup “My Momma wore COMBAT BOOTS” and so did my Dad “The Drill Sergeant”.
- grew up around other military brats = I Love Diversity & Inclusion
- was raised by WOMEN who believe in service to others and unconditional LOVE = Empowerment & Uplift are both a major part of my life…this also means I’m a busybody, but in a good way.
- joined the Air Force (2001) = My GOALS and CAREER are all set for the next 20 years.
- am an OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom) Veteran = Perceptions on LIFE CHANGED regarding what’s truly important
- separated from the Air Force = GOALS & CAREER…uuhmmmm NOT ALL SET. Yes, I changed my mind; I wanted to do something different. Uncle Sam and I parted on great terms though.
- became a contractor = Somehow still working for Uncle Sam…BACK IN A COMBAT ZONE nonetheless.
- came back to the states for A NEW LIFE & LOVE = Things didn’t quite turn out as planned, soooooo I was a SINGLE, UNEMPLOYED, STUDENT living with ANXIETY, PTSD, and DEPRESSION, starting life over in our Nation’s Capitol…and I was definitely having to roll with the punches.
- started a blog, Miss Pretty as a Peacock as a FORM of THERAPY = LEARNING TO LIVE LIFE on my own terms thanks to some AMAZING MENTORS.
- worked at two Federal Agencies and finished my Bachelor’s = The “civilian” lifestyle as a Veteran with a different perspective was definitely a CHALLENGE, but EDUCATIONAL and FULFILLING just the same.
- interacted with other Veterans, especially female vets, who were in various stages of their transition from the military = An idea began to brew, wait for it………………
- left my “Good Gov’ment job” = WOMAN with a plan, plus the “Cubicle Life” wasn’t really working for me.
So here I am at Phase 1 of my great idea, launching my new blog with purpose, Phase 2 already a work in progress. My goal is to give back and share with my community; a community of FIGHTERS, HEROES, LEADERS, SISTERS, MOTHERS, DAUGHTERS, BEST FRIENDS, DIVAS, ENTREPRENAUERS, and INDEPENDENT INFLUENTIAL WOMEN.
To my fellow veterans, share your experiences. Each chapter/chronicle is important to not only you but also those within our unique community.
Transitioning from the active duty life to veteran-civilian life hasn’t always been an easy task and it definitely wasn’t quick, especially for someone who was born into it. Please believe, some days looked close to impossible while others gave me so much pride and joy.
I want you to know that regardless of the era/campaign served or any other factor you might think excludes you from everyone else, at The Phoenix Chronicles you are supported, valued, and loved.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE